- The Average Software Engineer Salary
- What is the Average Software Developer Salary by Country 2021
- How much is the Software Engineer Salary in Europe
- How much is the Software Developer Salary in Asia
- Highest Paying Programming Languages in 2021
Deciding on which career you want to pursue is a vital decision one has needs to make. Whether you’re just starting to explore career options, or you’ve been working in a specific industry for a while now, and you want to make a switch, there’s a list of factors to consider. One of the major considerations to making a career choice is the salary.
In today’s current boom in the tech industry, people are choosing software development and engineering as their careers. It’s absolutely no secret that highly skilled and talented developers are in high demand nowadays. An exciting career in the software development industry isn’t just one that will challenge you, but it’s also proven to be very rewarding.
The Average Software Engineer Salary
The average annual software engineer salary is based on a variety of factors, but most importantly location and experience level. According to statistics provided by U.S. News, the average annual salary for a software developer is $101K. The lowest salary paid 25% earned $77K, with the highest-paid 25% earning $128K.
A high salary will always come with experienced and skillsets. The more experienced you are, then you’ll more likely to secure senior roles that pay on the higher end of the salary range. If you’re a newbie developer, your salary may be on the lower end of the range. However, receiving relevant certifications through training can help accelerate your career and potentially climb up the corporate ladder quickly.
Moreover, the median software engineer salary will also vary based on the location. We studied developers’ rates and salaries in UK, Philippines, US, Netherlands, Norway, Australia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and other countries worldwide to know which location is the best-paying country for software developers.
What is the Average Software Developer Salary by Country 2021
According to salaryexpert, the United States is the world’s top paying country, with an average gross salary of $110k for software engineers.
- The median salary of a software engineer in the US is $113k.
- Software engineer salary in Australia reaches $121k for senior level.
- The average software developer salary in Switzerland is approximately $136k (senior-level).
- Entry-level software engineer salary in Denmark is averaging around $65k.
- The average base software developer salary in Germany is $91,000.
- The senior-level software programmer salary in the Netherlands lies at $99k.
- Software developers in France for junior level is $51,361, while senior developer reaches $91K
- Software engineer salary in the UK is around $55k for entry-level position while senior-level position reaches at $97,830,
- The average software developer salary in the Philippines for entry-level and senior-level is $8,370 and $14,877 respectively.
- Software developer salary in India is approximately $16k for senior-level, while the average base salary is $12,934.
|Country||Entry Level Software Engineer||Senior Level Software Engineer||Base Salary (Ave.)|
How much is the Software Engineer Salary in Europe
According to Salaryexpert, the highest software engineer salary in Europe is developers from Switzerland ($76K), Norway, and Denmark both at (65K) yearly.
The average software engineer salary in Germany is $63K (entry-level), while in the Netherlands the salary falls to $56K. The average software developer salary in the UK, Finland, and France ranges from $47K to $55K per year. The average software developer salary in Sweden is $47K and is the lowest among other countries in Europe.
Average Software Developer Salary in Europe 2021
How much is the Software Developer Salary in Asia
According to Salaryexpert, the highest software engineer salary in South East Asia are developers from Singapore (starts at $52,000 and can go as high as $93,000), Malaysia with $21,968 and $39,044 for entry and senior-level respectively, and Thailand ranges from $18,276-$32,482.
Furthermore, software developer salary in Indonesia is $17,405 for entry-level, while senior-level reaches $30,934, while developers in Vietnam can get as much as $26,670 per year. The average software developer salary in the Philippines is $10,567, India ($8,793) and Pakistan ($8,377), and are the lowest among other countries in South East Asia. These are great locations to outsource dedicated developers because you can significantly optimize your development cost. However, you need to do your own research to ensure that the quality will not be compromised.
Average Software Developer Salary in Asia 2021
|Country||Entry Level Software Developer||Senior Level Software Developer|
Highest Paying Programming Languages in 2021
Whether you are a highly skilled software developer or are at the start of your dev career, the question remains the same: What programming languages pay the most? This is a very important question that most developers should know. Knowing some of the world’s common programming languages will increase their chances of landing a position that will generate six figures in a year.
Here is a rundown on the best-paying programming languages today worldwide:
|Programming Language||Salary in USD|
Software Developer Salary in the US 2021 (by Programming Languages)
- The average salary for mobile app software developers (iOS and Android) in the US is $122K and $121K respectively.
- .NET developer salary in the USA is one of the lowest-paid and reaches $96,937 per year
- C++ developer salary in the USA is $104K per year.
- The average Java developer salary in the United States starts at $103K.
- The average PHP developer salary in the US is $90K, while C# developers are paid $82K yearly.
|Programming Language||Developer Salary 2021|
Software Developer Salary in the UK 2021 (by Tech Stack)
The median software developer salary in the UK is $68K. Junior software developer earn $41K, while senior developers reaches $78K.
- Java developer in the United Kingdom earns $95K, which is the highest-paid in the UK, while both C# and .NET get $95K.
- PHP developers get the lowest pay at $55K.
- Android developer salary in the UK is $78K.
- iOS and Python developer salary in the UK range around $82K-$88K respectively.
- The average Front-end and Full-stack developers in the UK are $68K and $67K accordingly.
|Tech Stack||Developer Salary 2021|
Software Developer Salary in Australia 2021 (by Programming Languages)
According to data from Payscale, the average software developer salary in Australia is AUD 69K. Junior developers earn AUD 65K, while middle software programmers get AUD 81K. The average salary of a senior software developer is AUD 92K yearly.
- Android and Java developers in Australia earn $63K and the highest among other programming languages.
- iOS developers earn as much as $62K.
- C++ and Full-stack developers get $60K and $61K respectively.
- PHP software engineer’s salary in Australia is $53K which is the lowest compared to other tech stacks.
- The front-end developer salary is $58K.
|Programming Language||Software Engineer Salary 2021|
Software Developer Salary in the Philippines 2021 (by Tech Stack)
According to Salaryexpert, the software developer salary in the Philippines ranges from $10,567 (mid-level developer) to $18,297 (senior level) yearly.
- Android and Java developers in PH earn $16K and $15K respectively.
- The average iOS developer is $19K per year and the highest among other programming languages. .
- Python developers are paid $14K yearly.
- PHP software and .NET developers’ salary in the Philippines is $13K per year which is the lowest compared to other tech stacks.
|Tech Stack||Software Programmer Salary 2021|