|Product ownership||13 years|
|Team leadership||9 years|
|Line management||5 years|
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science University of the Philippines April 2008
Position: Product Owner Start - end date: August 2020 - Present
- Product leadership of a price optimization software, in charge of overall deployment – from specifications, development, to deployment.
- Coordination with product management by prioritizing product backlog and managing user stories to be pushed to the next sprints, bridging the gap between product and tech.
- Working together with web developers, database developers, and software testers for proper planning and delivery of features by conducting feature grooming and solutionizing sessions.
- Part of business team providing software specifications, mock-ups, and rules, based on client requirements.
- Part of customer-facing team managing customer issues via Zendesk and responsible for pushing hotfix deliveries as needed.
- Led team adaptation into Scrum and Agile, providing team with first working experience in a Scrum environment.
- Serving partly as test manager and manual tester, in charge of test strategy and test planning for the product’s features, as well as doing manual testing on web-based applications & database objects.
Start - end date: January 2011 - March 2020
Position: R&D and Software Engineering Manager
- Leadership of development of multiple software products for 2G to 5G mobile networks, including data collection, fault analysis, & data visualization. In charge of the overall achievement of three (3) software engineering teams: software development, system testing, & documentation teams.
Highlights: Software Development Manager / Product Owner ○ Leadership of multiple software projects under Scaled Agile Framework processes ○ Working with Program Management to ensure teams’ delivery commitments ○ Agile coach for teams, serving as mentor to Agile practitioners across different business lines.o Leadership of user experience (UX) integration into team roadmap ○ Line management of team: in charge of team appraisals, hiring, objective setting, and other operation ○ Team leader for competence development, training planning, employee engagement, innovation programs, and other site management initiatives.
Test Manager: ○ Led and pioneered the system testing team processes, from test planning to test reporting, championing all phases of software testing. ○ Led and implemented the overall testing roadmap as based on test plan and on program schedule. ○ Update of test priorities, artifacts, and entry/exit criteria prior to every release.
Customer Documentation Manager: ○ Led the program’s documentation team and its deliverables and established its documentation process. ○ Requirements analysis, SME interviews, document reviews, update, and verifications ○ Management of 85+ documents per release, from interviews, technical/editorial reviews, to releases. ○ Spearheaded Manila, Bangalore, and Finland teams for Nokia documents into DITA/XML for Vasont CMS.
- In charge of all Scrum ceremonies and artifacts for a team handling 3 projects & delivery lead for all releases
- User story break down into features, and creation of POCs
- Served as Agile Coach for other Scrum teams, as one of the pioneers of Scrum in Nokia Manila (2011-2012).
- Status monitoring via burndown charts, and velocity & KPI monitoring.
- Team pioneer for using RCA, EDA, DFMEA, etc for the team’s quality improvement initiatives.
- Local site activities: Key Linux & Bash scripting trainer, providing trainings to employees locally and abroad.
Position: R&D SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- End-to-end role in Agile development, from requirements gathering, development, testing, and release of software for log collection & reporting (Perl, jQuery, CSS, and Bash scripting)
- Backend & UI mockups and implementation, Linux shell expertise, server setup, and overall customer support
- Assisted in establishment of team processes, including platforms, frameworks, tech stack, etc.
MULTINATIONAL SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS COMPANY
Start - end date: May 2008 - January 2011
Position: Software Engineer
- Resolved complex post-deployment defects at customer sites related to streaming capacity of VOD technology (C++, .NET)
- Developed new features for Axiom streaming team based from customer demands.
- Collaborated with QA & integration teams in troubleshooting command centers.
Position: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Verified fixes and PCRs for two Quality Assurance teams: Axiom & Ad Insertion.
- Designed and executed test cases for smoke & regression testing.
- Collaborated with software development & integration teams in setting up & troubleshooting different command centers.