Bachelor of Science in Computer Science De La Salle University – 2006
DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY
Position: Lead WordPress Developer Start - end date: September 27, 2016 – Present
- Made tons of websites using WordPress
- All websites are above 90 page speed score
- 3rd party integration (Google API, Facebook)
- Page Builder Used: Thrive Architect, Elementor, WPBakery, Visual Composer, Beaver Builder, Themify, Divi, SiteOrigin and Brizy
Position: PHP Developer Start - end date: August 17, 2015 – November 22, 2015
- Pure PHP website development
- Bootstrap 3
- 3rd party integration (Google, BambooHR, SimPRO, Xero)
- Vagrant, Ubuntu, VirtualBox, Capistrano
Position: Wordpress Developer Start - end date: March 25, 2013 – May 13, 2015
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- Web server maintenance
- 3rd party integration (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google )
Position: Sr. Lead Website Developer / Project Manager Start - end date: June 1, 2009 – December 15, 2012
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Incorporate technical considerations into web site design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
- Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies with web sites.
- Approves web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models that is presented to the client.
- Give instructions and deadlines to the team of developers and designers ensuring that the project is running smooth and is on schedule.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers and devices.
- Document Technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.